My all speaking engagements can be find at the bottom of the page.
Smelling Source Code Using Deep Learning
This talk was delivered at FOSDEM (Brussels) on Feb 3, 2019. This talk presents our work on detecting smells using deep learning models. It covers the tooling aspects summarizing the preparation that goes behind the scene before the source code is fed into a deep learning model. The focus of the work is on two specific aspects:
to show that we can detect code smells with minimal preprocessing without converting them to a feature set.
to explore the feasibility of applying deep learning models across the programming languages.
We compare the performance of smell detection among different deep learning models (CNN and RNN) in different configurations.
Does Your Architecture Smell?
It was presented in the Technical Agility Conference, Bangalore on Aug 10, 2018.
Does Your Configuration Code Smell?
This session was presented in FOSDEM 2017, Brussels. This talk introduces configuration smells, their types with various examples, and tools to detect them.
Detecting and Managing Code Smells – Research and Practice
Presented at ICSE 2018 on May 29, 2018 in Gothenburg as a technical briefing.
All speaking engagements
Presentations at developers' venues
- Talk - "Smelling source code using deep learning" at FOSDEM on Feb 3, 2019 in Brussels, Belgium.
- Talk - "Understanding and Improving Software Quality" at Singular Logic on May 11, 2018 in Athens, Greece.
- Talk - "Understanding smells for higher software quality" at Singular Logic on Sept 5, 2017 in Athens, Greece.
- Talk - "Does your configuration code smell?" at FOSDEM on Feb 4, 2017 in Brussels, Belgium.
- Talk - "Does your design smell?" at the ASAS on September 28, 2016, in Arnhem, The Netherlands.
- Tutorial - "Achieving Design Agility by Refactoring Design Smells" at the Agile in the city conference on Jun 17, 2016, in London.
- Talk - "Does your configuration code smell?" at the DevOps Pro conference on May 26, 2016, in Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Talk - "Does your Design Smell?" in Great Indian Developer Summit (GIDS) on Apr 23, 2015 in Bangalore, India.
- Talk - "Pragmatic Technical Debt Management" in Great Indian Developer Summit (GIDS) on Apr 21, 2015 in Bangalore, India.
- Tutorial - "Achieving design agility by refactoring design smells" in DevWeek Conference on Mar 27, 2015 in London.
- Talk - "Does you Design Smell?" in DevWeek Conference on Mar 26, 2015 in London.
- Talk - "Design Smells: Snakes or Ladders" in Siemens Colloquium on Feb 12, 2015 in Bangalore, India.
- Talk - "Does your Design Smell?" in Agile Pune on Nov 22, 2014 in Pune, India.
Presentations at academic venues
- Technical briefing - Detecting and Managing Code Smells: Research and Practice" at ICSE on May 29, 2018 in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Talk - Smelly Relations: Measuring and Understanding Database Schema Quality" at ICSE on June 1, 2018 in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Talk - "What I Learned about Code Smells from Studying \~700 Studies" Programming Language seminar at University of Athens on Dec 29, 2017.
- Talk - "House of Cards: Code Smells in Open-source C# Repositories" at ESEM on Nov, 2017 in Toronto, Canada.
- Talk - "Designite: A Customizable Tool for Smell Mining in C# Repositories" at SATToSE on June, 2017 in Madrid, Spain.
- Talk - "The tale of two source-code analysis tools: Learning and experiences" at Designing Code Analysis Frameworks (DECAF@ISSTA'16) on July 17, 2016, at Saarland University, Saarbrücken, Germany.
- Paper - "Does Your Configuration Code Smell?" at MSR on May 15, 2016, in Austin, Texas, USA.
- Paper - "Designite - A Software Design Quality Assessment Tool" in BRIDGE workshop on May 17, 2016, in Austin, Texas, USA.
- Workshop - "Refactoring for software design smells" organized by IEEE CS Bangalore chapter on Jun 27, 2015 in Bangalore, India.
- Tutorial - "Applying design principles in practice" in ISEC 2015 on Feb 18, 2015 in Bangalore, India.
- Tutorial - "Software Design Quality in Practice: Refactoring for Design Smells" in ICSE 2014 on May, 2014 in Hyderabad, India.
- Conference paper - "ESA: The Exclusive-Similarity Algorithm for Identifying Extract-class Refactoring Candidates Automatically" in ISEC 2014 on Feb 19, 2014 in Chennai, India.